Sustainability plays a central role within Micor Tooling and our owners.
We develop innovative and sustainable solutions both in our own business and in our customers production.
- Our employees are our most important asset. We always put safety first.
- We continuously monitor our employees’ working conditions and act preventively to achieve zero accidents
- Gender equality and diversity are important to us.
- We need to reduce our environmental impact at all levels.
- We must ensure that our products are manufactured using the lowest possible energy and raw material consumption.
- We aim towards 100% renewable electricity.
- We act at all levels according to our owner, Latour´s Code of Conduct.
Micor Tooling and LSAB Group Sustainability targets
1. Workplace Related Accidents – LTI (Lost Time Injury)
Target: Vision Zero
We have a high security focus. We work proactivily and define improvments before accidents happend.
2. Energy mix
Target: 100% renewable energy by 2030 (Scope 1 & 2)
Within Business area Micortooling we only use 100% renewable energy
3. Energy consumption
Target: -5% annual reduction related to our sales (MWh/MSEK)
We work actively to reduce our energy consumption. The work largely consists of energy mapping to find energy thieves and invest in new technology and equipment.
4. CO2 emissions
Target: -5% annual reduction in absolute numbers (Scope 1 & 2)
A significant part of our carbon footprint comes from our transports. We work actively with the conversion of our vehicle fleet to sustainable alternatives such as electricity/hybrid and HVO.
5. ISO 14001 certification
Target: 100% of our units by 2025
Micor, Långshyttan and BBM certified in October 2022
6. Clean water for everyone
In addition to the environmental & social sustainability goals below, we get involved socially and environmentally by supporting the Solvatten project – a Swedish innovation that helps families to clean water in vulnerable areas.